Win $20,000 to support your mission!
Thank you for your interest in Sungevity Gives Back. The application period is currently closed. For more information on our Sungevity.org fundraising program - please visit www.sungevity.org. Shine on!
*No Purchase or Payment Necessary. Must be bona fide 501(c)(3) tax exempt organization in U.S. with capacity to "Generate Positive" on a broad scale to enter. Application period ends 11:59:59 p.m. PT on 11/5/13. Voting period runs from 12:00:01 PT a.m. on 11/11/2013 through 11:59:59 p.m. PT on 12/11/13. Representatives for potential finalists will be notified via email on or about 11/6/13, and must respond by 11:59:59 p.m. PT on 11/8/13. Failure to comply when requested may result in disqualification. Selection of finalists for voting is based on multiple factors including judges' determination of potential ability of the Organization to "Generate Positive" for greatest number of people nationwide, alignment of the Organization's mission with Sponsor's values, and geographic location and size. Publicly available sources, including but not limited to an Organization's website and other sources may be used to supplement information about any Organization. Additional terms, conditions, restrictions apply. See Official Rules for complete contest details.
Sungevity Gives Back
THIS PROMOTION IS OPEN ONLY TO ORGANIZATIONS IN THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA. DO NOT SUBMIT AN APPLICATION IF YOUR ORGANIZATION IS NOT LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. DESCRIPTION: The "Sungevity Gives Back" Promotion (the “Promotion") allows eligible tax-exempt organizations with nationwide reach (“Organizations”) the opportunity to submit an online application (“Application”) to be considered as one of up to thirty Organizations to compete for $20,000 in a public voting event, all as further described below in these Official Rules. The Sponsor is Sungevity, Inc., 66 Franklin Street, Oakland, California, 94607 (“Sponsor”).
2. PROMOTION TIMELINE:
“Submission Period”: The Submission Period begins October 23, 2013 at 12:00:01 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) and ends on November 5, 2013 at 11:59:59 p.m. PT. During the Submission Period, the online Application must be fully and accurately completed by a qualified representative of the Organization, as described in Section 4.
Application Review: During the Submission Period, eligible Applications will be evaluated according to the criteria in Section 6. Based on the review, up to thirty Organizations will be selected to advance in the Promotion (each a “Finalist”). The number of Finalists may be smaller if insufficient quality applications are received, as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion.
Finalist Notification: On or about November 6, 2013, each potential Finalist will be contacted to verify eligibility and obtain releases, according to Section 7.
- “Voting Period”: During the period from November 11, 2013 at 12:00:01 a.m. PT to December 11, 2013at 11:59:59 p.m. PT, the Finalists will be posted online at www.sungevity.org/gives-back for public voting to determine the winner as described in Section 8.
Organizations: Each Organization must be a bona fide non-profit organization, be headquartered in the fifty (50) United States or Washington, D.C., hold tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, and have a capacity to "generate positive" on a nationwide scale. The following are specifically excluded: (i) Organizations that practice discrimination by race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, age or national origin; and (ii) Organizations that serve only their own memberships (such as those types of fraternal organizations, pageants, labor organizations or religious groups that do not provide services to persons who are not members (or provide services to relatives) of the particular group). Without limiting the foregoing, Sponsor reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to exclude any Organization Sponsor determines is inappropriate for any reason.
Representative: The submitting representative for an Organization (“Representative”) must have a formal association with the Organization and the authority to represent and bind the Organization contractually, and must be a legal resident of the fifty (50) United States or Washington D.C., at least eighteen (18) years of age and the age of majority in his/her state of primary residence (whichever is greater). Representative is responsible for complying with these Official Rules and all internal policies governing the Organization’s participation in the Promotion.
4. HOW TO ENTER:During the Submission Period, an Organization’s Representative must visit www.sungevity.org/ gives-back-enroll and follow the on-screen instructions to complete and submit an Application. Each Application must be completed in its entirety, including providing any information about the Organization as may be reasonably requested by Sponsor in order to verify eligibility of the Organization and otherwise administer the Promotion. In addition, Representative must describe in 140 characters or fewer how the Organization intends to use the $20,000 to "generate positive" ("Statement"). If an Organization is confirmed as a Finalist, the Statement and other non-confidential information about the Organization will be made public in conjunction with voting and in accordance with release documents, which must be signed and returned to Sponsor within (2) two days or receipt notification that an Organization has been chosen as a potential Finalist, and in order to continue advancing in the Promotion and being a confirmed Finalist. Limit one (1) Application per Organization. Proof of submission does not constitute proof of receipt.
6. APPLICATION EVALUATION: Applications will be evaluated by a panel of judges based on a number of factors, including, but not limited to, potential ability of the Organization to "generate positive" on a nationwide scale for the greatest number of people, alignment of the Organization's mission with Sponsor’s values, geographic location and size. Publically available sources, including but not limited to an Organization's website and other sources, may be used to supplement information about any Organization. Only those Organizations selected as potential Finalists will receive notification and request for validation. Organizations not selected as potential Finalists may not receive any notification. Sponsor reserves the right to choose fewer than thirty (30) Finalists, in its sole discretion, and to exclude, disqualify or not select any Organization deemed inappropriate by Sponsor in its sole discretion for any reason, at any time.
7. FINALIST NOTIFICATION: Potential Finalists will be notified on or about November 6, 2013 using the contact information supplied with the Application. Representatives for the potential Finalists will be required to respond, and execute and return a participation agreement and other related documents required by Sponsor(collectively, the “Finalist Documents”), including but not limited to liability/publicity releases, affidavit of eligibility, and an agreement to comply with reasonable restrictions and regulations relating to the voting process. Failure to respond and/or return Finalist Documents within two (2) business days of the request may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate Finalist. Potential Finalists cannot proceed to the Voting Period if all properly executed Finalist Documents are not returned within two (2) business days of the request and verified. No Potential Finalist should attempt to publicize its status until the validation process is completed, or use any materials not pre-approved by Sponsor.
Eligibility: Individuals wishing to participate in the Voting Period ("Voters") must comply with these Official Rules. Each Voter must be a legal resident of and reside within the fifty (50) United States or Washington D.C.
Basic Vote: To vote on a Finalist, visit Sponsor's website at www.sungevity.com/gives-back (the "Website"). Follow the directions on the voting page to submit the required information to complete a vote ("Basic Vote"). Limit one (1) Basic Vote per person and per e-mail address. Subsequent attempts to submit a Basic Entry from the same person and/or e-mail address may be disqualified. Voters are subject to the general voting requirements below.
Bonus Votes: After casting a Basic Vote, each Voter may generate ten (10) additional votes (“Bonus Votes”) for the Organization he/she already chose by taking either one of the two actions listed below. Both actions are free. Neither action requires any commitment, purchase or payment. Only one action will count. Maximum limit of ten (10) Bonus Votes (representing one action) per Voter:
(a) Request a free online quote("iQuote®”): On the Website, click the "FREE Quote" tab and follow the on-screen instructions to request an iQuote® from Sponsor for the sale or lease of a solar photovoltaic system. iQuotes® are available only in the states of Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Massachusetts, Maryland, New Jersey and New York and the District of Columbia. See iQuote® details at www.sungevity.com.
(b) Enroll in Referral Program: On the Website, click the “Share the Sun” tab and follow the on-screen instructions to enroll in Sponsor's referral program, which offers you the opportunity to earn a fee when you refer eligible homeowners who purchase or lease a solar photovoltaic system from Sponsor. See details at www.star.oursungevity.com.
General: Multiple Voters are not permitted to share the same e-mail address. Nor may one person use more than one email address to cast more than one Basic Vote. Use of script, macro, or any device to automate voting is prohibited, as is use of "vote farms" or other similar services to purchase or otherwise commercially acquire votes, and any entries or votes received through such means (or other means deemed to be unsportsmanlike, improper, or otherwise inappropriate by Sponsor in its discretion) will be void. Any attempt by any Voter to submit more than the stated number of votes by using multiple/different e-mail addresses, identities, or any other method will void that person's votes and entry (if any), and he/she may be disqualified from further voting or participation in the Promotion. In the event of a disqualification, the Sponsor will determine the winner based on non-suspect votes, if possible. If voting results are so corrupted that a winner cannot be determined, Sponsor reserves the right to evaluate the remaining Finalists' applications and/or materials to award the prize based on the assessment of need, in its sole discretion. In the event of a tie, the tied Finalists will be featured on www.sungevity.org/gives-back on December 12, 2013 for one (1) additional day of voting ("Tie Breaker"). If a tie continues, additional days of voting will be added until the tie is broken. Any voting tallies shown online are not official and cannot be relied upon.
9. WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT AND VERIFICATION: The winner will be emailed at the email address supplied with the Application on or about December 12, 2013, at which time the winner will be required to complete a “Prize Acceptance Form” and/or other release documents, and provide other documentation, including, but not limited to, a completed W-9 Form, as determined by the Sponsor. Failure to return any and all documents, within twenty-four (24) hours of request may result in forfeiture of the prize, in which case, an alternate winner will be determined according to the voting results. An Organization is not a winner until it signs and returns the required Prize Acceptance Form and/or other release documents and receives official confirmation and/or notification from Sponsor. After verification is complete, the winner will bepublicly announced on or about December 13, 2013 on http://www.sungevity.org.
10. PRIZE: The winner, as determined by the voting, and subject to the requirements of the Promotion, will receive $20,000 awarded to the Organization. Allow 6-8 weeks after completion of the Prize Acceptance Form and validation of claim, whichever is later, for delivery of award. No substitution or transfer of any prize is allowed. The winning Organization is responsible for any taxes as a result of accepting the prize.
11. REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES / INDEMNIFICATION: Each Representative represents and warrants that he/she has the right and authority to represent and bind the Organization contractually, and meets all requirements of these Official Rules. Each Organization represents and warrants that: (a) It meets all requirements of these Official Rules to participate in the Promotion; (b) The Application is completed, and all information submitted to Sponsor is provided, truthfully and accurately; and (c) The Statement and all documents and information provided to Sponsor, if any, do not and will not violate or infringe upon the intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or entity.
12. RIGHTS TO MATERIALS/PUBLICITY RIGHTS: In consideration of an Application being reviewed and evaluated for this Promotion, each Organization, hereby grants to the Sponsor and its designees a non-exclusive, irrevocable, fully paid, universal license to use, copy, sublicense, transmit, distribute, publicly perform, publish, delete or display the Application, or any portions thereof, and any information, documents and other materials provided to Sponsor in conjunction with the Promotion, including to the extent applicable, the Organization’s name, statements, any other creative elements, and quotations of or by Organization or its Representative and furnished to Sponsor as part of this Promotion, in any media now known or hereafter devised (“Materials”). Each Representative and Organization understands that their names (or the name of an alternate member of Organization appointed by Representative or Organization) and Materials may be posted online or otherwise be made publicly available. Each Organization agrees that the Sponsor and its designees have no obligation to post any of the above. Each Finalist authorizes the Sponsor and its designees to utilize, for eternity, and in any manner they see fit, the Materials provided for the Promotion, and to make derivative works from same solely in connection with the Promotion (i.e., without limitation, to create promotional materials). Each Representative, on behalf of him/herself and his/her Organization, and each Organization, releases Sponsor, and its assigns and licensees, from any and all claims or liability (now known or hereafter arising), including but not limited to any claims for defense and/or indemnity, in connection with the exercise of any rights granted in this Section.
Sponsor may prepare and provide certain marketing support to Finalists in their efforts to solicit votes and promote the Promotion, such as email templates, a website template, sample text, or other items. Each Finalist may only use Sponsor’s trademarks, marks, tradenames, including logos that are provided directly by Sponsor (“Sponsor Licensed Marks”), subject to a limited, nontransferable, revocable right and license which Sponsor grants each Finalist, solely in connection with the Promotion (“License”). Each Finalist agrees to request and obtain written approval from Sponsor before production, distribution, publication or other communication of any materials relating to the Promotion, including depictions of Sponsor Licensed Marks. To request permission, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the proposed materials and text. Sponsor will typically respond within one business day. Sponsor reserves the right to modify the guidelines or License, or to revoke the License, at any time in its sole discretion. All rights in and to the Sponsor Licensed Marks are owned by Sponsor, and each Finalist agrees it will do nothing inconsistent with such ownership. All uses of the Sponsor Licensed Marks shall inure to the sole benefit of and be on behalf of Sponsor. Each Finalist agrees it will not alter any Sponsor Licensed Marks and will use only exact reproductions thereof as supplied by Sponsor. Sponsor will use the universal "®", "TM" or "SM" symbol when displaying the Sponsor Licensed Marks as appropriate. Failure to comply with this provision may result in disqualification.
Each Organization agrees that it is not an agent, employee, franchisee or partner of Sponsor or its affiliates, and does not have, nor will it represent that it has, any authority to, and will not bind Sponsor or its affiliates or create or assume any obligation, express or implied, on behalf of Sponsor or its affiliates.
13. RIGHTS OF SPONSOR: Sponsor and its designees, shall have the right and sole discretion to delete, edit, refuse to air or transmit, or cease to air or transmit any Material which it finds to be in violation of the provisions hereof, does not fully comply with all of Sponsor’s requirements in connection with any and all legal clearance issues, or which it finds in its sole discretion to be otherwise objectionable for any reason. Sponsor is not responsible for any Materials which are deemed harmful or offensive to others or for any harm incurred as a result of the Materials. Sponsor may conduct a background check to confirm any Finalist's eligibility and compliance with these rules. By entering, each Representative and Organization agrees to cooperate reasonably with any such background check. Failure to cooperate may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate Finalist/winner. If any Organization or Representative has engaged or does engage in any conduct that could damage the reputation or business of Sponsor, as determined by Sponsor in its discretion, the Organization or Representative’s Organization may be disqualified and the Organization’s position or prize may be awarded to an alternate winner.
14. INDEMNITY:Each Representative and Organization shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless Sponsor and each of its respective parents, affiliates, divisions, subsidiaries, successors, assigns and licensees, and each of their respective employees, shareholders, officers, directors, contractors, advertising and promotion agencies, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all liability, claims, loss, damage, injury or expense, including reasonable outside attorneys’ fees, arising out of or in connection with any third party action arising out of or resulting from: (i) Organization’s participation in the Promotion; (ii) a breach or alleged breach of any of Representative's or Organization’s representations, warranties or obligations herein; and/or (iii) acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, including without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage arising there from.
15. GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Each Representative and Organization agrees that the Released Parties are not responsible or liable for, and shall be released and held harmless from: (i) late, lost, delayed, damaged, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, misdirected or otherwise undeliverable mail, postage-due notices, release forms, agreements or other correspondence; (ii) telephone, electronic, hardware or software Promotion, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind; (iii) any condition caused by events beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor that may cause the Promotion to be disrupted or corrupted; (iv) any printing, human, typographical or other errors or ambiguities in (or involving) any materials or information associated with the Promotion; (v) any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and action of any kind in connection with or resulting from participation in the Promotion; (vi) acceptance, possession, or use of any grant or prize, including without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage arising there from; and (vii) claims based on publicity rights, defamation, trade disparagement, or invasion of privacy. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to adjust times and dates reflected in these Official Rules at any time and/or to suspend or cancel the Promotion at any time if the proper operation of the Promotion is impaired in any way, including, without limitation, if a computer virus, bug or other technical problem corrupts the administration, security, or proper conduct of the Promotion, strikes, lock-outs, acts of God, technical difficulties, and other events not within the reasonable control of Sponsor. If the Promotion is terminated before the designated end date, Sponsor will (if possible) select the winners from all eligible, non-suspect Applications or Materials received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination based solely on the aforementioned Application evaluation criteria.
Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to prohibit any Organization or Voter from participating in the Promotion or to disqualify any Organization it finds to be, or any votes resulting from, tampering with the voting process or any other aspect of the operation of the Promotion; to be attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion by cheating, hacking, deception, or any other unfair playing practices; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; or to be acting in a disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other Representative or Organization. SPONSOR SHALL NOT BE OBLIGATED TO AWARD ANY PRIZE THAT RELATES TO OR ARISES OUT OF CHEATING, IMPROPER OR MISTAKEN PRIZE NOTIFICATION, OPERATION OR FUNCTION OF THIS PROMOTION. In the event that any provision of these Official Rules is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
16. DISPUTES: Each Representative, Organization and voter agrees that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in San Francisco, California. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, Representatives rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules, which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than California. Each party hereby knowingly and expressly waives all rights to seek, punitive, incidental, consequential or special damages, lost profits, and/or rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. To the extent allowed by law the damages available to any Representative or Organization are limited to actual amounts incurred in connection with submitting an Application.